After spending a couple of hours in an interview this morning (fingers crossed), I walked outside to an unexpected downpour. I’m not a Boy Scout. I’m not always prepared. And this is how I came to be stuck in the rain without an umbrella.
I was planning to do some very outdoorsy errands on my way home from the interview and considered forgoing them due to the weather. Gas is hovering around $5/gallon at the moment, so efficiency and money-saving trump personal comfort and I did ’em anyway. (I sent in my absentee ballot for Ohio today!)
I was freezing my buns off by the time I got back to Idyllwild and a hot sandwich and a cup of soup for lunch sounded perfect. The curry tuna melt grilled wrap is something I just threw together last minute. We didn’t have any mayonnaise, which I would have preferred over milk in the tuna salad (full fat greek yogurt works well too), but this is healthier/lighter and tastes almost as good.
Tuna Salad Ingredients
- 1 can (7 oz) chunk light tuna, drained
- 2 tbsp diced onion
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 medium or large flour tortilla
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Mix together tuna salad ingredients in a small bowl. I recommend a fork for mixing.
2. On a flat tortilla, spread the shredded cheese evenly, followed by the tuna salad mixture. Roll into a wrap-shape.
3. Place wrap on a greased, pre-heated panini press or George Foreman grill. Cook until outside is golden brown or about 5 minutes.