- 1 and 1/4 cups warm water
- 1/2 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded asiago cheese
- about 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Add yeast to warm water and then whisk in honey, vegetable oil, 1 egg (set aside the other egg for later), and salt.
- Add flour one cup at a time until dough is elastic and no longer sticky.
- Knead the cheddar and asiago cheeses into the dough until evenly dispersed. Place a damp paper towel over the dough and let it rest/rise for an hour and a half.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. On a clean, floured surface, cut the dough into 3 sections and braid into a loaf shape. Place on an oiled cookie sheet.
- Generously brush 1 beaten egg on top of the challah loaf and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 375 F for 40 minutes, or until a nice crust has formed.